problem with dbus when running in arm

amar nath nani303402 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 23:27:19 PDT 2008

Hi

I cross compiled the dbus1.0.2 for arm platform.. It is working properly on
the board.  I am also cross compiled this dbus.c application to run on the
arm.

The cross compiled binary is dbus-example . When i run this one like
./dbus-example receive it is showing the below error.

Listening for signals

 process 401: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read
machine uuid: Failed to open
"/home/amarnath/Documents/dbuscross/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": No such file
or directory

See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.

D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace

Aborted

When i opened this var/lib/dbus i can't find the machine-id . how will i
solve that one.
Please tell me what is the problem.