Dbus error on ARM

Ajay EP Ajay.EP at lntinfotech.com
Wed Jul 16 01:51:34 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am running DBus ver 1.0.2 crosscompiled for ARM Linux which I was able
to do it successfully .
However when I start  the System Bus it complains with error

Could not get password database information for UID of current process:
User "??
?" unknown or no memory to allocate password entry .

We tried adding group and username to etc/group & /etc/passwd resp.

sh-2.05b# ./dbus-daemon --system
903: Allocated slot 0 on allocator 0x5d0e0 total 1 slots allocated 1 used
903: listening on unix socket /opt/gnome/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket
abstract
=0
903: Read 12 bytes from /dev/urandom
903: Initialized server on address
unix:path=/opt/gnome/var/run/dbus/system_bus_
socket,guid=5007f3584591d143eb100b00000053ed
903: Adding a read watch on fd 3 using newly-set add watch function
903: Allocated slot 0 on allocator 0x5d084 total 1 slots allocated 1 used
903: No cache for UID 0
903: User ??? unknown
Could not get password database information for UID of current process:
User "??
?" unknown or no memory to allocate password entry
903: Finalizing bus context 0x5e0b0
903: Removing all pre-existing watches
903: Setting watch fd 3 data to data = (nil) function = (nil) from data =
(nil)
function = (nil)
903: Freeing slot 0 on allocator 0x5d084 total 1 allocated 1 used
903: Freeing slot 0 on allocator 0x5d0e0 total 1 allocated 1 used
Failed to start message bus: Could not get UID and GID for username
"messagebus"