DBus.Error.AccessDenied

Priyank priyank.ch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 18:20:51 PDT 2008

Hello Everyone,

I am using DBus in the server side script of my website written in
python. I am deploying the website with Apache + mod_python on Linux
Fedora Core 9. When I am trying to access the website, I am getting
the following error:

DBusException at /
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Failed to connect to socket
/tmp/dbus-hUa4bkNjNE: Permission denied

It is working fine on the development server which runs as root.

I am assuming that, Apache does not have access to Dbus realted files
/ sockets.
Could some one help me in setting appropriate permissions to
allowApache access DBus? Any sort of information will be of great
help.
I appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Priyank

------------------------- Detailed Error Page ------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py"
in get_response
 77. response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)

File "/root/GT/Portal_Linux/GT/giveandtake/../giveandtake/views.py" in base_page
 288. bus = dbus.SessionBus()

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py" in __new__
 217. mainloop=mainloop)

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py" in __new__
 106. bus = BusConnection.__new__(subclass, bus_type, mainloop=mainloop)

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/bus.py" in __new__
 125. bus = cls._new_for_bus(address_or_type, mainloop=mainloop)