dbus-java and windbus

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Tue Jun 10 07:22:22 PDT 2008

> Von: "Jacques-Olivier Goussard" <jogoussard at gmail.com>
> My goal is to interface with the murmur speech server (
> http://mumble.sourceforge.net/).
> This server ships with the following dbus-daemon.exe
>
> mt-jog:/c/Program Files/Mumble> ./bin/dbus-daemon.exe --version
> D-Bus Message Bus Daemon 1.1.1-2
> Copyright (C) 2002, 2003 Red Hat, Inc., CodeFactory AB, and others
>
> I guess my next step would be to checkout the windbus tree and try to
> compile
> it on windows, but what I saw scared me a little - and I'd like to have a
> fair
> confidence in the fact that it would solve my problems.

The only thing I can say is that it works with qdbus (current trunk and tag 1.1.2 from windbus svn). You can download a binary version here: http://winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/repository/win32libs/
trunk is compilable without the need to patch something.

What do the mumble devs say - I mean - they should know if it works for them or not.
Afaik nobody used the java bindings on windows before but I an be wrong.

Christian