dbus-java and windbus

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Tue Jun 10 07:39:40 PDT 2008

> Von: Matthew Johnson
>
> > What do the mumble devs say - I mean - they should know if it works for
> them or not.
> > Afaik nobody used the java bindings on windows before but I an be wrong.
> >

> I (the author of them) have, but only talking to themselves. At the time
> the windows port of the reference implementation wasn't working and
> there was no standard about how the authentication should work on
> windows (what is the uid? where is the home directory? etc).
>
> I have still not seen such things. If anyone knows how windbus does it,
> please tell me and I'll happily fix dbus-java to use the same scheme!

I don't think there'll ever be a standard on windows because
a) lack of interest from commercial site and we (kde/windows) are tired of trying to get our patches into official cvs but getting rejected every time because we did not implement it exactly the way the maintainers want to have it
b) the only reason why dbus/windows exist is because it is needed for kde4/win and I hope to get rid of the dbus dependency in the near future (although I currently don't know how to do so but I hope to get some high-level IPC stuff from Qt4.5)

Christian