Can dbus-python print exceptions out in service peer?

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 08:17:55 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 16:06 +0800, Huang Peng wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am developing some services with dbus-python. When the dbus service
> object raise some exceptions, those exceptions will be send to client.
> Can we let dbus-python not only send exceptions to client peer but also
> print exceptions out in server side?  It is useful for debugging.
>
> Thanks,
> Huang Peng

I suspect that adding a global that if set wraps the @method decorator
with

try:
 f(*args, **kwargs)
except e:
 print e
 raise e

wouldn't be hard to do and patches are welcome.  You need to be careful
though since method annotates the python method so whatever the wrapping
decorator returns needs to be the callable object that is annotated.