Connection from java to gnome keyring through dbus, is that possible?

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Sun Jun 29 04:04:22 PDT 2008

On Sun Jun 29 03:42, hannehomuth wrote:
> thank you for reading this message. I have to write an application which
> adds and changes entrys into an LDAP Server. We would like to use the gnome
> keyring to authenficate into our programm. And now the question? IS it
> possible to connect to gnome keyring from some java code with dbus. And if
> it is possible, it would be nice if you could send me a link to an how to or
> tutorial. I've searched 3 hours in the internet but didn't find anything
> which pleased me well. And furthermore Sorry about my bad english, i hope
> you will understand me.

Hi, yes it is possible. There are bindings for DBus in Java which you
can find on the DBus Web page[0]. Alternatively if you search for dbus
java on google the first hit is the DBus-Java documentation page[1]
which links to the releases. The latest release is version 2.5, which is
avaliable here[2]

I also believe that DBus-Java has been packaged for (at least) Fedora,
Ubuntu, Debian (currently only in testing), Gentoo, Suse, Mandriva and
should be available through the normal package management system.

The DBus-Java documentation (available at[1] or in the distribution)
will tell you how to write programs in Java which use DBus. Specific
information about interfacing with gnome-keyring you will have to get
from gnome-keyring itself.

hth,
Matt

0. http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/DBusBindings