Cron + Dbus

Adrián Bravo Navarro adrianbn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 13:13:33 PDT 2008

2008/3/17, Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>:

> On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 at 14:27:06 +0100, Adrián Bravo Navarro wrote:
> > > There's no need for environment variables and the system bus.
>

> I assume Thiago meant "... variables *on* the system bus". Cron jobs are
> system services, so they should probably be using the system bus (and
> you shouldn't need to set any environment variables to access that).

Well, what we would like is that a user crontab task could invoke a python
script capable of comunicate with the daemon through dbus, so it should bind
to the crontab owners bus. I think this should be the best way, but it seems
that I will have to make some tricky code to achieve that goal. Anyway if
you can sugest any other option to comunicate cron with the running daemon
we will think about it.

Thanks for all the answers.
Adrián