Signal for property changes

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 12:17:06 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 17:51 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Thiago,
>
> > >did you read the second paragraph of my response? I see that issue and
> > >thus we annotate the properties that do know and in that case we can
> > >send out that signal.
> >
> > Apparently I did not. Sorry about that.
> >
> > Indeed, with such an annotation available, it would be possible.
>
> any ideas about the naming? I am not sure what rules have to be followed
> for the annotation. Maybe something like:
>
> 	org.freedesktop.DBus.Property.ChangedSignal

You don't need the word Signal in the name.  For instance losing a name
on the bus is org.freedesktop.DBus.NameLost so
org.freedesktop.DBus.Property.Changed should be fine.  If someone else
used that namespace in their product then it is too bad since that is a
reserved namespace.

I will accept a patch with that name.