environment of activated services

Matthias Clasen matthias.clasen at gmail.com
Thu May 8 06:56:39 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias.clasen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can understand that it is necessary to be paranoid and clean the
> environment for system bus activation,
> but is there any reason for this on the session bus ?

Some cube discussion made it clear that I am a bit confused here.
At least for SESSION_MANAGER, the problem here is that the session bus
is not actually running inside the session, so the daemon doesn't have
that variable in its environment either. Whats really needed here is
some way to selectively pull some parts of the callers environment
into the environment of the activated service.