uuid not getting generated until after install

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon May 12 10:53:41 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 13:45 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 1:36 PM, David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk> wrote:
>

> >  No, this is a packaging bug and packages with %post relying on a message
> >  bus are simply broken: you just _can't_ assume there's a message bus
> >  running at all; %post may run as part of image creation in a chroot/jail
> >  or whatever.
>
> This is not about %post assuming a running message bus.
> This is about gconftool failing in buildroots because it now calls
> dbus_error_init()...

May be, but the patch for fixing that isn't what's posted here.

Here's the thing: We _want_ system bus connections (and also
dbus_bus_get_id()) to fail in %post otherwise real packaging bugs
assuming a running system bus won't be found until very late.

That does not mean that dbus_error_init() should fail as libdbus.so can
be used for peer connections and private buses (which should be allowed
in %post).

        David