abstract-sockets problem compiling dbus with arm-linux cross compiler

Fritz Code codefritz at googlemail.com
Wed May 14 11:22:24 PDT 2008

Hi,

I try to compile dbus-1.2-1 with arm crosscompiler gcc 3.3.3.
I pass configure all the necessary options like build, host, target

But I get an error during the run of configure. So it stops during the test
of linux abstract-sockets.
It fails and it says linux abstract sockets are missing. So configure breaks
at this point.
I have also tried to start configure with --disable-abstract-sockets but
this doesn't help and I get the same error.

Well what exactly is "Linux abstract sockets", after some research I only
found out that it is an abstraction from the file system, so that Linux
doesn't use files to implement sockets!?

But are abstract sockets a default feature of Linux if not how can I install
it?

However are they (abstract sockets) really necessary for dbus? Its listed in
the optinal features, so I guess not.

Thanks a lot.

codefritz.