abstract-sockets problem compiling dbus with arm-linux cross compiler

Soh Kam Yung sohkamyung at gmail.com
Wed May 14 17:46:28 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm also getting this cross-compile issue with abstract sockets.  How
do I provide the default answer (supported/not-supported) to the
configure script so that it can skip the check for abstract sockets?

BTW, I noticed that this question has appeared in the dbus mailing
list a few times (with different answers).  Perhaps a 'definitive'
answer could be provided on the dbus wiki or put into the
README/INSTALL file.

Regards,
Kam-Yung

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 7:57 AM, Havoc Pennington <hp at pobox.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Abstract sockets are a standard feature of Linux. I don't think your
> problem has anything to do with those, though. During a cross-compile,
> you can't run configure checks, since code can't be run on the target.
> You need to provide default answers for all the checks.
>
> That's my understanding anyway, I've never done cross-compilation.
>
> Havoc
Soh Kam Yung
my Google Reader Shared links:
(http://www.google.com/reader/shared/16851815156817689753)