Java bindings, how to tap into Hal DeviceAdded signal?

Gilles GIGAN gilles.gigan at gmail.com
Thu May 22 22:55:51 PDT 2008

I came accross this issue too, and after fiddling around, I found that the
prototype of the signal handler class (the "DeviceAdded" class in your
example) requires its constructor to have a second String as a parameter,
which will receive the newly added object's UDI. the updated class is :
public class DeviceAdded extends DBusSignal {
        public final String obj;
        public final String udi;
        public DeviceAdded(String obj, String udi) throws DBusException {
            super(obj, o);
            this.obj = obj;
            this.udi = udi;
        }