About performance of D-Bus

Jerome Philbert jerome.philbert at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 02:14:50 PST 2008

Hi,

For me, the message speed is important and 4.7ms per message is too slow,
because :
 - 100ms is the max reaction time for the user
 - I have several applications interconnected together through an IPC (will
be DBus or another)
 - that can send several messages in the same time

In my system, there are situations where several applications send several
messages in the same time, and it cannot fit the 100ms.

That is why I would be interested by a quicker direct DBus.

Jerome