Message Validation

Havoc Pennington hp at pobox.com
Wed Oct 8 04:12:19 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Jon Gosting <yukarionsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1.  I noticed that some of the execution time in the scenario described
> above is in the dbus-daemon.  I suspect that it is also caused by message
> validation, but didn't see where this was happening in the code.  Is there a
> similar change that I can make in the dbus-daemon code to put it into
> "trusted peer" mode?

dbus-daemon uses libdbus, so the libdbus change also affects it.

> 2.  Are there any plans to make this a configuration option (either
> compile-time or run-time) in the future?

I don't know if that makes sense; it's more just a profiling hack to
illustrate where some of the performance cost is. I'd be a little
afraid of people (or linux distributions) enabling it by default and
creating a huge security problem.