Question about introspect.dtd?

Markku Savela msa at moth.iki.fi
Fri Oct 17 04:31:31 PDT 2008

> Forget the DTD. DTD simply can't represent the XML format we want to
> enforce.

Then there should be some schema defined. But, there is none!

But, I don't understand the objection. With simple changes, the DTD
can be easily fixed to pass validation of existing introspection
files, why not do it?

As far as I can see, the only small problem with DTD is, that it
cannot express the difference in "arg" between member and signal,
causing the validation to pass potentially incorrect signal definition
(with direction) or method argument without direction.