DBus in a local network

George Washburn g.p.washburn at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 19:22:00 PDT 2008

If you are using the reference implementation of DBus for a dbus-daemon you
also need to patch the daemon to permit anonymous connections.

There was  a patch posted a little while back on this list.  If you dig
around in the archives you'll find it.
I don't have the source code with me at the moment otherwise I'd post it.

It works great for low-bandwidth  API based RPC over the network.  Security
considerations aside of course.

G.P.