Where is the documentation

Mihail Kotelnikov dbus-list at fox-info.fox.perm.ru
Fri Sep 19 02:50:29 PDT 2008

Matthew Johnson wrotes:
> There's not much low level documentation because, as you point out,
> people are not meant to write apps using it, they are meant to use a
> binding. I can't comment on the documentation status for all of the
> bindings, but some of them at least do have good documentation. For
> example, Java[0,1], Python[2,3], Perl[4] and QT[5].
Ok. It may be has a documentation, i haven't look. But i want to write system
daemon and i don't need UI bindings (QT). Also in my opinion interpreted
languages (Perl, python) isn't good instrument for such application. Java is
too heavy for this.
I repeat that this all is only my opinion and i don't want futher discussion
about it but i looked for glib or raw API documentation.

 > You were presumably
> looking at dbus-glib before which also has documentation[6] as well as
> examples. I don't know if this has improved since you were looking.
Dbus-glib has only function/data type reference. It has no any other
description as well as official examples. It was my dissapointment.

> And there's no mainloop example code in the low-level
> bindings since it's not about writing a main loop, it's assumed if you
> are coding against the lowlevel API you will already know how to do
> that.
But i don't know. Because i haven't any interface to sleep/poll-like functions.

--
best regards,
Mihail Kotelnikov                                       mailto:fox at fox.perm.ru