Restriction in naming a signal

KHOA NGUYEN qa_tridang at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 10:02:25 PDT 2008

Hello,

You are right. The signals in my application are named with "-" and "_" in the same string. I thought underscores and dash were both rejected by Dbus check. Indeed, only dash character is rejected while underscore character works.

Neverthless, I do not know why dash character is rejected by Dbus check in member name.
Thank you and best regardsVyDaMan> From: thiago at kde.org> To: ernaveenverma at gmail.com> Subject: Re: Restriction in naming a signal> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:25:01 +0200> CC: dbus at lists.freedesktop.org> > Naveen Verma wrote:> >Thant strange, I was checking with dbus specification at:> >http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html#message-protocol> >-messages> >> >and there it seems at least underscore can be used in member name. Is> > the spec need to be updated?> > Hmm... you're quite right. The underscore is permitted.> > I misread my own code: it checks that each character in the member name > passes the test IsValidCharacterNoDash. It didn't occur to me to check if > the function checked underscores too (it does).> > -- >   Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira.info - thiago (AT) kde.org>     PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:>     E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358