Infinite loop in dbus - Limit of the message length very low ?

KHOA NGUYEN qa_tridang at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 29 13:18:16 PDT 2008

Hello,

I think that I have found out the origin of my problem. Dbus induces an infinite loop when I send a signal with an iterative structure which contains many elements (integer).
I do not know why this limit is very low. A infinite loop occurs  when Dbus should treat about one hundred integers in a iterative structure with this code :

    for (j = 0; j < N; j++)    {      if (!dbus_message_iter_append_basic(&struct_iter, DBUS_TYPE_INT32, &x[j])) {          printf("Out Of Memory!\n");          exit(1);      }    }

The error message is :
type end_struct not a basic typetype unknown not a basic type....type unknown not a basic type....

Do you know the exact limit of an iterative structure in DBus and why it seems so low ?

In my application I'd like to send an iterative structure with one or more thousand integers

Thank you and best regards

VyDaMan

From: qa_tridang at hotmail.comTo: dbus at lists.freedesktop.orgSubject: Infinite loop in dbusDate: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:10:05 +0000

Hello, I have a strange problem in using D-Bus. My application has several send and receive signal processes. But sometimes, one process, after receiving a signal, becomes blocked with a error message in infinite loop (more one million (?) error lines per minute): end_structtype unknown not a basic type....type unknown not a basic type....
And I cannot find any trace in my program to debug it.
Do you have an idea for this severe problem ?
Thank you and bests regards

Vydaman

Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger  Get it now!