Strange dbus problem on NetBSD-current

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 17:04:23 PDT 2009

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 4:40 PM, walt<w41ter at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I'm trying to get gnome working on my NetBSD machine, but I'm
>> hitting a problem that I'm pretty sure involves dbus.
>>

> Why do you think it involves dbus?

Circumstantial evidence, not admissible in court :o)

I see this problem with gnome and xfce4 (both use dbus-launch) but not
with enlightenment or kde or the default twm desktop you get when you
don't have a ~/.xinitrc (none of those three use dbus-launch).

Actually I was hoping to get some ideas about who might send a SIGSTOP
to dbus-launch, or why dbus-launch ignores my SIGCONT.