Segmentation Fault while running the sample DBus program on DaVinci

Afzal Nadirshah Afzal_Nadirshah at mindtree.com
Wed Apr 8 03:07:47 PDT 2009

Hi,
          I have compiled DBus for ARM and I tried running the sample DBus program on a DaVinci board.
          However I am getting a segmentation fault when it calls the function: dbus_bus_request_name

          On analyzing the error using gdb, I get the following :

           _dbus_type_writer_write_reader_partial (writer=0xbefffa28, reader=0xbefffa08,
           start_after=0xbefffb28, start_after_new_pos=4, start_after_new_len=1,
           fixups=0x40044820) at dbus-marshal-recursive.c:2675
           2675    dbus-marshal-recursive.c: No such file or directory.
           in dbus-marshal-recursive.c

           Could anyone point out why this is happening ?

Regards,
Afzal Nadirshah