assertion failed "!(connection)->have_connection_lock"

Jean-Christian de Rivaz jc at eclis.ch
Sun Aug 9 11:38:28 PDT 2009

Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> Jean-Christian de Rivaz wrote:
>> So I tryed the new 1.3.0 revision and I still get it, only the line
>> number change:
>> 389: assertion failed "!(connection)->have_connection_lock" file
>> "dbus-connection.c" line 2567 function dbus_connection_ref
>>
>> The application basically get a lot of UNIX signals (about 10 per
>> seconds) and a few dbus signals per seconds. It run some magic and
>> sometime produce a dbus signal. The problem occur rarely, but alway at
>> the same dbus_connection_flush() call.
>
> Just so we're clear: by "run some magic and sometime produce a dbus
> signal", you don't mean inside the Unix signal handlers, right?

Unfortunately yes.

By the way you asked the question, I suppose that's a bad thing. So I
serialized the signal handling into the main loop and now I can't
reproduce the assertion after more than one hour of test.

It seem that you have pointed out the right problem. Thanks a lot !

Sincerely,

Jean-Christian de Rivaz