Having trouble getting peer-to-peer dbus working

Vitali Lovich vitali.lovich at palm.com
Tue Aug 11 10:14:48 PDT 2009

I can get the server listening successfully (at least no errors result
from dbus_server_listen).  I have it listening on unix:path=/tmp/my_ipc.

The problem is from the client which tries to connect using a
DBusConnection to that address - I get an assert error:

process 20911: arguments to dbus_message_new_method_call() were
incorrect, assertion "destination == NULL ||
_dbus_check_is_valid_bus_name (destination)" failed in file dbus-
message.c line 1073.

I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious or I'm being really
thick, but I haven't been able to find any hints in the documentation
or on the web.

Also, on a side note, the only examples of how to use the dbus server
utilize the GLib wrappers - is there a way to do without like there is
with regular DBusConnections?

Thanks,
Vitali