how can I find out which rule triggered a "Rejected send message"?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Aug 17 02:38:09 PDT 2009

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> Thiago Macieira wrote:

>>> Probably this rule in system.conf rejected it:
>>>
>>>     <deny send_type="method_call"/>
>>>
>>> That denies everything.
>> So I changed it to:
>>
>> <allow send_type="method_call"/>
>>
>> Restarted dbus, but it's still rejected.
>
> Correction.
>
> I restarted the system and it works now - thanks for your help.

Well, that's kind of stupid.

When I'm logged in as root on the console, I can't establish the connection.

Is it possible to not use dbus for accepting/rejecting the connections
at all? I'm the sole user on my machine, so right now it's a useless
feature for me, especially as it does not allow me to establish a
connection i.e. when I'm logged in as root.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org