Explain this!

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 24 08:31:55 PDT 2009

I know why DBus exists, It's a hack to provide modern operating system
features on top of the nearly useless, entirely obsolete, linux kernel.

To be honest, I had not imagined such a feat could be accomplished, but
by a herculean programming effort, you have made it possible for someone
to apply a slightly less herculean effort to actually use it. (such is
the inherent, unavoidable cost of a kludge). The only other option is to
move the entire world to L4. =\

Now here's what I don't understand. (this is from Top).

################################
  PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  CODE DATA
COMMAND
30200 atg       20   0 1506m 1.3g  660 S    1 43.6 123:22.53  396 1.5g
dbus-daemon

Machine specs: 32 bit dual athlon, 1.2ghz, 3gb physical ram.

Can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on?

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.