DBus Java method call?

Schmottlach, Glenn glenn.schmottlach at harman.com
Tue Dec 1 10:33:36 PST 2009

Technically, I thought that if the message sender indicates that they do NOT need a reply (a field in the DBus message header) then the recipient is not required to send one (e.g. either method_return or error). Of course the recipient can still send the reply no matter what the client indicated in the request. It's an (optional) performance enhancement to minimize round-trip delays (and messaging) if they're not required.