dbus glib services

Chris Cole clecol at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:02:03 PST 2009

Hello all,
I'm new to the dbus realm, and I've been doing some reading around today
to try and get up to speed, but I have a couple questions. First, I
noticed that the dbus python bindings are really nice and that it's
really easy to register/use dbus services from each side. The problem
is, I'll need to register a service using C++ using the glib bindings.
I've read some of the tutorials around, and all of them suggest using
the dbus-binding-tool, but it appears broken to me. Is this still
necessary to use this, or is there a more pythonic way of doing things
in the glib bindings now? I'm running Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) if this
helps...here's what I get with dbus-binding-tool against (attached)
test.xml:

ccole at dell-desktop:~/dbus$ dbus-binding-tool --mode=glib_server
--prefix=test_object test.xml --output=test.h
dbus-binding-tool [--version] [--help]
dbus-binding-tool --mode=[pretty|glib-server|glib-client]
[--prefix=SYMBOL_PREFIX] [--ignore-unsupported] [--force] [--output=FILE] [
dbus-binding-tool --mode=glib-server --prefix=SYMBOL_PREFIX
[--ignore-unsupported] [--force] [--output=FILE] [

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
 Chris