dbus glib services

Chris Cole clecol at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 17:22:43 PST 2009

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Chris Cole <clecol at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ccole at dell-desktop:~/dbus$ dbus-binding-tool --mode=glib_server
>>  --prefix=test_object test.xml --output=test.h
>> dbus-binding-tool [--version] [--help]
>> dbus-binding-tool --mode=[pretty|glib-server|glib-client]
>
> Help says glib-server and you used glib_server, I don't know if that's
> the problem.

Wow, that was stupid! Thanks for the reply anyway. All I really want to
do is set up a dbus handler for asynchronous signals and be able to send
signals from another program...I stole an easy example from here:

http://kstars.wordpress.com/2007/12/11/dbus-example-code/signals-with-dbus/

but I can't seem get to the callback function when I send a signal from
another dbus program. I tried this for starters:

dbus-send --type=signal --session --dest=org.freedesktop.DBus
/org/freedesktop/DBus org.DBusTest.SignalTest string:"NameLost"

but I can't figure out why this wouldn't work? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
   Chris