Dbus-glib client for org.kde.knotify - help please

Michal Witkowski neuro at o2.pl
Thu Jan 8 10:49:31 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm thinking about writing a plugin for pidgin to display it's notifications using KDE4's
Knotify subsystem. This would be my first dbus-related code and I need some help.

Knotify's dbus interface is described here: http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdebase-runtime-
apidocs/knotify/html/knotify_8h-source.html
And it's API doc is here: http://api.kde.org/4.1-api/kdebase-runtime-
apidocs/knotify/html/classKNotify.html#745a3b014e5042e491b810d448889ed2

Now, I've  found a piece of DBUS-glib code and worked on it trying to display a message to
Knotify4. At first I had a hard time generating the right signature and now that I think
I've got it, the code segfaults. I've tried gdb'ing but to no avail. The biggest problem
I've got is with 'av' interface as I found no glib type for and had to improvise.

Could someone please help me on this one?

Michal

PS: The code should be attached to this mail