Remote Connect to DBus

eXeC001er execooler at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 01:42:37 PDT 2009

Hello!

I have remote host (IP=192.168.1.10) in my local network with DBus on port=1234.

I want to connect to it.

I use Ubuntu 8.10 and python-dbus.

import dbus
bus = dbus.bus.BusConnect('tcp:host=192.168.1.10,port=1234')

Error:
DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a
reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a
reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Why doesn't connect?

Remote host configuration is true because windows-dbus-client
connected to it host without problem.
ping to remote host is ok.
telnet connect to remote host is ok.