dbus 1.2.16

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Jul 14 13:50:08 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Marcel Holtmann<marcel at holtmann.org> wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
>> A new release of dbus is available.
>>
>> http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus/dbus-1.2.16.tar.gz
>>
>> The most interesting changes here are a fix for a longstanding race
>> condition primarily affecting dbus-send (work from several people),
>> and the bus now allows method calls to have an infinite timeout (Scott
>> James Remnant).
>
> it would be great if we could get the file descriptor passing patches
> merged. I don't see any problems with them and Lennart addressed all the
> issues that came up during the review.

Definitely; I think they're probably right but haven't had time to go
through them myself.  This release was to get out some new stuff that
Upstart depended on, at the same time I went through bugzilla and took
some easy pickings, along with the dbus-send race.

Just chatted with Thiago who did a review on fd passing, we'll get it in soon.