dbus 1.2.16

Lennart Poettering mzqohf at 0pointer.de
Wed Jul 22 12:10:09 PDT 2009

On Thu, 16.07.09 08:18, Schmottlach, Glenn (glenn.schmottlach at harman.com) wrote:

> So this assumption is that the GCC intrinsic functions for atomic
> operations are valid on all other platforms (e.g. ARM, SH4, PPC,
> etc...) but not (apparently) for i386 class processors and
> below. Therefore, has long as GCC generates good code for the
> processors I'm interested in (ARM at the moment), all is good,
> right?

D-Bus didn't support atomic ops on ARM before, however with my __sync
patch it now will if you have a recent enough gcc that can do it for
ARM.

So, in summary: this is actually a big improvement for ARM, not a
regression.

All what is lost is support for atomic ops on x86 with old gcc
versions. Which I think is an Ok price to pay for the much cleaner
code we now have.

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net