Connecting dbus to web app - Access environmental vars from browser

pete-c pcwhizzkid at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 3 02:04:20 PDT 2009

Curtis Maloney wrote:

> There is an apache module that will let you set env vars, but I doubt it
> would be able to access the data you need (the session bus address).  In
> my
> script, I read the current address from a file and stuff that into the env
> var.  Certainly less than ideal, but workable for now (I've only recently
> started using Session buses ).

Thanks for the reply, I have found the putenv() method, and put in in my
code. I can run the script now from the command line without needing to
declare the variable beforehand.
However, my browser is still not happy - and in the apache error log has
added 'No protocol specified' to the original error.
Any ideas what is causing this? I've seen suggestions to other occurences of
this error that it might be something to do with $XAuthority, but I don't
know how to configure this properly.

(The full error itself is:
** (process:3530): WARNING **: Failed to make connection to session bus:
dbus-launch failed to autolaunch D-Bus session: No protocol specified
Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed. )