The race condition in protected_change_timeout in dbus-connection.c

Wu, Jackie jackie.wu at intel.com
Sun Jun 28 01:20:25 PDT 2009

Hello, Everyone:

In my recent work, I did some work with dbus-glib in a multi-thread program. I encountered "abort()" problem. I checked dbus mailing list and found it's an existing problem - http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2007-July/008144.html. I also found the temprotary solution at http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2008-January/009099.html and http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2008-January/009100.html . But I don't find them in the latest dbus-code.

What's the final solution to solve that problem? Or it's still open there?

I could reproduce that problem very easily and frequently. And I did the same hack with the patch did above, the problem can be solved in my program. But I'm not sure if other bindings are impacted.

Thanks
Jackie (Weihua) Wu
Intel Opensource Technology Center
Intel China Research Center