glib dbus bindings notes

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 11:12:23 PST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:

> Well, if you're using DBus at all, it's very often the best design to
> structure your application around a mainloop.  If you can/already-do
> depend on GLib, then it just makes sense to use dbus-glib at least for
> the mainloop integration and other fundamental bits.

Yeah, I have absolutely no objection with
dbus_connection_setup_with_g_main (can't really get around that if you
have to dispatch on mainloop). It was the rest I was talking about.

I'm not saying dbus-glib is inherently harder than the raw bindings -
perhaps the documentation just fails to make the point why it would be
easier ;-).

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio