about system_bus_socket

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Mar 17 00:50:53 PDT 2009

阿保 wrote:

>> >But the system bus socket doesn't exist.
>>
>> I understand the socket doesn't exist. That was the error message in
>> your original post.
>>
>> Now please answer the questions I asked so that I may try to help you.

> sorry, I didn't provide the correct answer....^^;
>
>1.If I use "ps aux | grep dbus", I can see "dbus-daemon" without
> "--system".
> 2.Yes, the path where the system bus socket gets created
> exists, but no socket.
>3.Yes, user messagebus has the permission to write something to that
> path.

Also, please reply to the mailing list and do erase the signature (good
email editors remove anything after dash-dash-space automatically, so
maybe you need a better email client).

That dbus-daemon you saw on #1, do you see --session then? If so, then the
system bus daemon isn't running. Start it and see what happens.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358