using dbus peer to peer, i.e. without external bus daemon

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at eit.uni-kl.de
Thu Mar 26 01:22:27 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 24 March 2009 14:36:21 Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Alexander Neundorf
>
> <neundorf at eit.uni-kl.de> wrote:
> > is there somewhere documentation or a simple example how to use libdbus
> > without dbus-daemon ?
>
> Not really any simple examples; two examples are local-export-daemon
> (in gnome svn) and dbus-daemon itself.
>
> > I guess from the client side not much changes, except the address to
> > connect to ?
>
> Right, and none of the APIs in dbus-bus.h will work or make sense. So
> there are no bus names, signal match rules, etc. - those are all
> features of dbus-daemon

I tried to connect to my self-made dbus server using Qt4 (address:
unix:path=/tmp/mydbusserver) , and it hangs in
QDBusConnection::connectToBus().
In my server I receive two signal messages with interface
org.freedesktop.DBus, object /org/freedesktop/DBus, and member NameAcquired,
sender is org.freedesktop.DBus.
And I receive them in the moment when my Qt applications tries to connect.
I'm a bit confused, does the Qt application send these signals ?
But they say the sender is org.freedesktop.DBus.

Alex