Need of clear_environment()

Kaustubh Atrawalkar kaustubh.ra at gmail.com
Fri May 8 00:29:50 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I have a question. In bus/activation-helper.c why there is need of
clear_environment() function to be called while starting a new service. In
my system (embedded platform) i upgraded to latest dbus yesterday and now i
m not able to start the services due to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH getting cleared
coz of this call. When i commented out this line everything works smoothly.
I just need to know the purpose of clearing the env is their any standard
way i can disable this (configure options or something?)

Cheers,
- Kaustubh