IDL language

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Sat May 9 01:02:51 PDT 2009

On Fri May 08 21:37, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> it would be nice if your app is written in Java, to write a Java
> interface with some special dbus annotations if needed, and during the
> build, install a typelib based on that - which could include docs,
> struct names, the works.

This is, in fact, precisely how dbus-java works now. There is a
xml-to-java program, but the recommended approach is to just write a
Java interface file with a very small amount of sugar, and then the
introspection data is generated from that.

This will always be the official way to write dbus services in Java. A
Java interface basically _is_ IDL, I don't want another one if I can
help it...

Matt

--
www.matthew.ath.cx