[dbus-python] dynamically export methods

Olaf Lüke olaf at uni-paderborn.de
Tue May 12 15:39:46 PDT 2009

Hallo,

I have some usb devices that provide an xml files which contains
information on what functions the devices have and how to use them.
I now want to create an dbus interface for these devices.

How could i do that with dbus-python? I can't see how i could use the
decorators here, since the path, the object name und the function names
are only known at runtime when the usb device is connected.

Has someone an idea how to do this? Is there another approach to export
methods with dbus-python than with decorators that i missed? It is
pretty painful to create appropriate classes, functions and decorators
at runtime...