send messages to tcp dbus and receive messages from tcp dbus

Julian Thomé frostisch at yahoo.de
Wed May 13 04:19:32 PDT 2009

Hello mailing list,
have a vserver with an  ip-address. In this vserver i made an
<listen>-entry in the system.conf with a tcp dbus.
I also specified the port in this configuration-file.
-------------------schnipp--------------------->
 <listen>tcp:host=localhost,port=945</listen>

On the vserver, which should receive messages i run the following command:
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="tcp:host=localhost,port=732" dbus-monitor --system
Now i want to send a message from the host to the vserver with dbus-send
but i dont really know how the syntax must be at that point:
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="tcp:host=vserver,port=732" dbus-send ... ??

A telnet connection from host to vserver with telnet vserver 732 works.

Can someone help me - it would be very nice !! ;-)

Thank You
  Julian Thome