Unix FD Passing

Lennart Poettering mzqohf at 0pointer.de
Fri May 15 11:46:45 PDT 2009

On Wed, 13.05.09 00:31, Havoc Pennington (hp at pobox.com) wrote:

> Maybe it fixes it to always disable SIGPIPE for consistency, but still
> also use MSG_NOSIGNAL so if you tell libdbus not to set the SIGPIPE
> handler it does still work on Linux. Which could be useful for a few
> specialized linux-only apps, possibly.

I already expected a suggestion like this one. That's why I have split
the dbus_modify_sigpipe change into a seperate commit that is
independant from the rest of the MSG_NOSIGNAL work. When you merge my
tree it is up to you if you apply that specific tiny patch that just
changes the default setting of that flag or not.

> I see, I didn't make the connection. I think it needs a comment, like
> /* fds can only be passed on a local machine, so byte order must always match */

Added such a comment.

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net