Got "segmentation fault " while trying to run dbus-daemon

Edison_lin-林俊翰 edison_lin at gemtek.com.tw
Mon May 18 02:39:42 PDT 2009

Hi all,
The below is the environment I use, please take which as a reference.
The libraries I used : dbus-1.2.14.tar.gz and expat-2.0.1.tar.gz. I didn't use gettext, will that cause problem ?
The target board : mipsel-linux
The configure options : CC=mipsel-linux-gcc CFLAGS=-I/root/dbus-related/usr/include LDFLAGS=-L/root/dbus-related/usr/lib ./configure --enable-verbose-mode --enable-shared --with-init-scripts=slackware --host=mipsel-linux --target=mipsel-linux --prefix=/root/dbus-related/usr -cache-file=/root/dbus-related/unTarFile/dbus-1.2.14/mipsel.cache --without-x
The dbus-daemon works fine if I compile it for x86, but causes a segmentation fault on mipsel-linux platform. dbus-launch, dbus-monitor, dbus-send all can work normally which means there's no libraries linkage problem or segmentation fault, etc. However, When I tried to run the dbus-daemon, the console shows "segmentation fault". The strange thing is, I've tried to add a getchar() or printf() in the very beginning of the main() of dbus-daemon to see what's going on, but there is nothing happened. It works like it run into a trap before entering the main() ?! The remote gdb debugging shows that the SIGSEGV is received. Please give me some advice me if you have any idea ! Thanks a lot !

Appreciate,
Edison Lin