Why sometimes the signal/method call can't be sent successfully

Edison_lin-林俊翰 edison_lin at gemtek.com.tw
Wed May 27 01:50:36 PDT 2009

Hi,
I add a dbus_bus_request_name(dbconn, THE_NAME_TO_REQUEST, DBUS_NAME_FLAG_REPLACE_EXISTING, &dberr) in the sender code
, and it seems that the sending request can be received by the dbus-daemon and passed to receiver every time. Why is that ?
By the way, I first use the same name as the receiver(running on the background) has requested, and both are set with the flag DBUS_NAME_FLAG_REPLACE_EXISTING only.
It still works. Why is that ? Shouldn't any confliction occur if I didn't apply DBUS_NAME_FLAG_ALLOW_REPLACEMENT ?

BR,
Edison Lin