NetworkManager Dbus signals

Kees Jongenburger kees.jongenburger at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 01:52:58 PST 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 2:51 AM, Simon Charette <charette.s at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying to subscribe to a NetworkManager signal in order to detect when a
> new Internet connection is made and detect if its of a certain type.
> Basically we've got public Wifi at school but you have to enter your login
> information in a web form after connecting.

I think it would be better to use the /etc/networking/interfaces as
there are some hooks to do this. This would allow you to keep away
from NetworkManager's complexity

from "man interfaces" look at the "/usr/local/sbin/map-scheme" + and
up flush-mail.

 iface lo inet loopback

       mapping eth0
            script /usr/local/sbin/map-scheme