per-user dbus

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri Nov 13 16:48:54 PST 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Havoc Pennington <hp at pobox.com> wrote:

> You still have the "su" problem though right,

Yes.

> that we haven't
> documented and defined how many buses / sessions / whatever per X
> server. So if I have a graphical service on the bus, it would just
> break (since currently it might assume 1 service instance per X
> server)

I don't care *too* much about the foreignuid case because it's really
difficult to support sanely, definitely not something we should be
encouraging app authors to do.  Microsoft has spent years trying to
get app authors to fix their apps.  They as much admitted that they
inflicted the user experience atrocity that is UAC on millions
(billions?) of people just to try to force the issue on app authors.

There is the accessibility problem, so maybe we will have to allow it
(this is really just blocked on a patch).