per-user dbus

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Mon Nov 16 05:23:05 PST 2009

On Fri Nov 13 23:25, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Is this really something people use? Given that GNOME doesn't really
> handle this seems to be an artificial scenario to me, and all "I know
> of someone who did this" sounds mostly anecdotal to me.

(coming rather late to this discussion)

Yes, it is something I do not infrequently. Remote sessions on a machine
I'm also logged into locally, different local Xs for testing where I
want a whole session or for different outputs. Now, I don't use GNOME,
but D-Bus is not GNOME and I consider it a bug if GNOME does not support
this. Certainly I've been very annoyed at applications which have this
failure mode in the past (mainly firefox).

D-Bus should be able to work in this situation.

Matt

--
www.matthew.ath.cx
D-Bus Java