Can dbus be installed outside of /usr directory?

luying pan luying.pan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 09:56:47 PST 2009

Hi,
  I'm work on Centos 5, and would like the to keep the original OS distro
intact but upgrade dbus to a newer version (like install it in /usr/local
instead of /usr) to be used by a custom program. Is this possible? I can't
possibly uninstall the old dbus version because too many things depend on
it. If it's doable, then how would have configure the newer dbus so it'll
coexist with the old one without conflicts?

Luying